Saturday, June 09, 2007

House updates:

We submitted the items from the inspection to the sellers Monday and they agreed to fix everything! We were only expecting them to fix 1 or 2 things, so we were very pleasantly surprised.

Debbie called yesterday with a status report. Everything has been done except the insulation (which is being done Monday) and a wiring thing....has to do with 3-prong outlets and 1965 wiring. They did talk to an electrician, but were told they'd have to have the whole house re-wired, which they didn't really want to do. But, they wanted to make sure it was okay with me to not have it done. And it was. Lynn (my inspector) told me that it was a minor thing. As long as I use a power strip with anything that needs that third prong, I will be fine. And I already do that. And the bathrooms were already re-wired.

I meet with my loan officer Monday, to do whatever we have to do. (I'm sure there will be paper-signing...and I have to give them all the documentation they've asked for. Which means I need to get busy printing some documents...). Other than that, I just need to take care of moving stuff. Like...packing...and hiring movers...and giving notice here. I also need to figure out this refrigerator-buying thing. Anybody know if I could, say, go to Lowe's tomorrow and buy a refrigerator and schedule delivery for when I'll actually be in the house? Not really wondering so much about whether I could buy one tomorrow, just wondering if Lowe's lets you schedule deliveries ahead like that. And I need to figure out utilities. And pack. Yeah, I know I already said that, but there is a lot of it to do.

I am getting a pet pen tomorrow. For FREE! Once we are in the house, until I get a doggie door, Whitney will have to stay in the kitchen during the day. It is the only room that isn't carpeted (she's housebroken, but seems to forget that when she's alone during the day). But, I need something to keep her in there. I posted at FreeCycle for baby/pet gates, explaining why I needed them and I got a reply from a woman who has a baby pen that she used for her dog that I am going to pick up tomorrow morning. I love FreeCycle. And there has been some good stuff on there lately. If I had my truck with me already I'd be picking up all kinds of things (someone was offering doors...and lumber...and some landscaping fencing...). Don't know what I'd be doing with them until I move, but I'd find something!

No comments: